Senior Director, NAEYC Academy for Early Childhood Program Accreditation
NAEYC seeks an effective leader with proven success managing large complex systems and expertise in organizational administration and management to lead the NAEYC Academy for Early Childhood Program Accreditation. Recognized as the gold standard for excellence in early childhood education, the NAEYC Academy works to improve the quality of child care, preschool and kindergarten programs by establishing high-level, research-based standards and accrediting programs that meet these standards. The Senior Director, working collaboratively within the overall NAEYC staff structure, manages a team of approximately 30 people. Through strong leadership and effective management, the Senior Director:
- Maintains the NAEYC program standards as the gold standard of excellence in early childhood education, reflecting current evidence from research and practice.
- Ensures that NAEYC Accreditation supports continuous quality improvement, is rigorous but not unduly burdensome to programs, and provides a valid and reliable assessment of program quality.
- Staffs the work of the Council for NAEYC Accreditation which is delegated authority by the NAEYC Governing Board to ensure the equity, integrity, and accountability of NAEYC Accreditation of programs for young children.
- Works with senior leadership and Council to make NAEYC Accreditation a critical component of total quality improvement processes for early childhood systems at the national, state and local level.
- Reaches out to states and other systems to form partnerships that utilize NAEYC Accreditation as a cost-effective approach to improving early childhood systems.
- Demonstrates a strong grasp of the financing of early learning and the financing of early childhood systems in order to achieve continuous quality improvement and ensure the NAEYC Academy’s fiscal viability.
- Ensures mission-focused, cost-effective day-to-day operations of the NAEYC Academy, through supervising and mentoring staff, fiscal management (e.g. develop and monitor budgets, contract management), planning and execution.
Requirements: Demonstrated leadership and management skills administering early childhood systems and quality improvement initiatives. Demonstrated track record of staff supervision that motivates excellent performance and supports ongoing staff development. Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Strong conceptual and analytic skills and talent for innovation. Advanced degree in nonprofit management, business administration and/or early childhood education/child development preferred. Some travel required.
Salary commensurate with knowledge and experience; excellent benefits. Position is based at the NAEYC headquarters located in Washington, DC.
Deadline: Please apply by Friday, August 15, 2014.
Records Coordinator (Part-Time)
NAEYC is seeking a part-time student for a Records Coordinator position which supports records management activities in the Academy for Early Childhood Program Accreditation. Must be available to work 14 hours per week during regular business hours Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm.
Primary duties include detailed data entry of program records, file maintenance and other administrative tasks. The position requires 1 year of data entry experience, strong computer, data entry and database skills, and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Candidates must be flexible, organized and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Salary $12-$15 per hour and does not include benefits.
Customer Care Associate (Call Center)
NAEYC is seeking a Call Center Associate for its busy membership and sales department to provide customer service to members, customer, subscribers and others who contact us for information. Duties include data entry, filing, customer contact/follow-up and troubleshooting various membership/sales issues via phone, e-mail, fax and mail.
1-2 years of reception, call center, administrative and customer service experience required. Candidates must be proficient in MSOffice/Windows and have excellent customer service skills. Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task is essential. Applicants who are bilingual in Spanish are preferred.
Salary $35-37K, with good benefits. Send cover letter and resume to HR/CCA, NAEYC, 1313 L St. NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005 or e-mail email@example.com or fax (202) 328-1846.