The information obtained through your use of this Web Site, whether through the registration process or otherwise, is subject to this privacy statement. Unless otherwise disclosed in this privacy statement, NAEYC will only share your personally identifiable information (such as name and address) with third parties under the following limited circumstances:
- Third parties providing services on our behalf: NAEYC may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include, without limitation, hosting and administering this Web Site, analyzing data, and sending communications on our behalf. These third parties may have access to this Web Site’s user information, including personally identifiable information, in order to perform these functions on our behalf.
- Legal protection: NAEYC may transfer and disclose information about our users, including personally identifiable information, and may use IP addresses to identify users in cooperation with internet service providers or law enforcement agencies, to comply with a legal obligation, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing the Web Site and applicable laws, or to protect the legal rights, interests, or safety of NAEYC, the Web Site, our users or others. This privacy statement does not apply to any information that you may disclose publicly in user forums. NAEYC bears no responsibility for any action, inaction, or policies of any third parties who collect information that users may disclose in user forums or other public areas of this Web Site.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. The only cookies the site uses are for tracking the site’s usage and are anonymous. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can control cookies through your browser preference settings.
Like most standard Web Site servers, we use log files. The log files may track information including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. We may use log files to administer the site, track users’ movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate sue. IP addresses, etc., are not linked to personally identifiable information.
This Web Site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that NAEYC and NAEYC campaigns are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites.
Information Received and Stored
When a computer is used to access information on this Web Site, the following basic information is automatically received and stored by the web servers hosting naeyc.org:
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address—A computer’s IP address establishes its location on the Internet and allows other computers, such as those hosting this Web Site, to send it content and other information;
- the Internet domain name when a computer accesses the Internet through a domain, such as from a corporation (“xcompany.com”) or university (“yourschool.edu”);
- the date, time, and duration of a Web Site visit;
- if a computer accesses a page on Web Site via a link on another page, the URL of that referring page;
- information about the computer setup, such as the type and version of web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer 8.0, Mozilla Firefox 5.0), operating system (e.g., Unix, Mac OS, MS Windows), Java support (yes or no), Flash version (e.g., 10.1 r85), screen resolution (e.g., 1280x800), and connection speed (e.g., DSL, T1);
- the specific pages a computer accesses when it requests information from this Web Site; and
- the amount of data (measured in number of bytes) transmitted from this Web Site to a computer.
NAEYC does not use this information to identify or track the browsing of individual users. We do use it to generate aggregate statistics about how this Web Site is used. We retain this information for a year—for example, server logs from June 2011 will be deleted in June 2012.
We do not sell, rent, exchange, or otherwise disclose this information to persons or organizations outside NAEYC. In some cases, we may share the information with other federal agencies in response to lawful law enforcement requests or to protect this Web Site from security threats.
NAEYC takes the security of all PII (Personally Identifiable Information) very seriously. We take precautions to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the information we collect at this Web Site. Such measures include access controls designed to limit access to the information to the extent necessary to accomplish our mission. We also employ various security technologies to protect the information stored on our systems. We routinely test our security measures to ensure that they remain operational and effective.
We take the following steps to secure the information we collect:
- Employ internal access controls to ensure that the only personnel who have access to your information are those with a need to do so to perform their official duties.
- Train appropriate personnel on our privacy and security policies and compliance requirements.
- Secure the areas where we retain paper copies of the information we collect online.
- Perform regular backups of the information we collect online to ensure against loss.
Use technical controls to secure the information we collect online including, but not limited to the following:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL);
- firewalls; and
- password protections.
- Test our security procedures periodically to ensure personnel and technical compliance.
- Employ external access safeguards to identify and prevent unauthorized access by outsiders that attempt to hack into, or cause harm to, the information contained in our systems.
We hold our contractors and other third-party providers to the same high standards that we use to ensure the security, confidentiality, and integrity of personal information they may have access to in the course of their work completed on behalf of NAEYC.
Third-party website measurement and customization technologies
Some pages on this Web Site may include web content or functionality from third parties, such as embedded videos hosted by non-naeyc.org services. For example, content or functionality from the following third parties may be present on some of this Web Site’s pages:
- Google Analytics;
- Livestream.com; and
By using this Web Site, you accept our privacy practices as outlined in this privacy statement. If you are unwilling to accept the terms and conditions of this privacy statement, we ask that you not use the Web Site. NAEYC reserves the right to modify, alter or otherwise update this privacy statement at any time. If this privacy statement changes, the revised statement will be posted on this Web Site.