NAEYC accepts permissions requests for limited use of our copyrighted material, including Young Children articles, Teaching Young Children articles, books, booklets, brochures, newsletters, blog posts, videos, position statements, websites, etc. Please review the information below before submitting a request through our Permissions Request Form.
Unless NAEYC is the copyright owner, NAEYC cannot grant permission for reuse of the material. You must contact the copyright owner.
Before requesting permission for NAEYC material, please note…
No permission from NAEYC is needed if:
- You are citing NAEYC-copyrighted material in a paper, dissertation, or publication. Proper credit must be given.
- You are photocopying and distributing 100 copies or fewer of full or partial articles from Young Children and Teaching Young Children. These copies must be distributed at no cost and proper credit must be given. Creating more than 100 copies (even for free distribution) requires written permission.
- You are photocopying and distributing 100 copies or fewer of brief excerpts from a book, booklet, or brochure. Excerpts from a book cannot exceed more than one chapter. These copies must be distributed at no cost and proper credit must be given. Creating more than 100 copies (even for free distribution) requires written permission.
- You are photocopying NAEYC position statements, supplements, executive summaries, or Where We Stand summaries. These copies must be distributed at no cost and proper credit must be given.
- You are linking to a blog post or article from naeyc.org or families.naeyc.org, or reusing the first paragraph of a post/article from either blog (with the requirement that a direct link to the original blog post/article must accompany the text).
For any reuse of NAEYC material that falls outside of the limits above (including republication, adaptation, and/or academic photocopying*, whether in print or electronic form, or reuse of our videos), written permission from NAEYC is needed and a fee may be assessed.
As a first step, you must complete our Permissions Request Form. Please allow at least 6 weeks time for the permission to be processed. Please do not follow up unless it has been at least 6 weeks since you submitted your request.
*Academic photocopying requests (for coursepacks, study manuals, etc.) should first be directed to the Copyright Clearance Center (CCC). If the material in which you are interested is not available via CCC, you may submit your request to NAEYC.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Electronic copies (reprints) of Young Children and Teaching Young Children articles may be purchased. Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Volume and issue number
- Article title and author
- Your full contact information, including name, phone number, email address, and mailing address
Staff will contact you within 2 weeks to process payment via credit card. Once payment is received, an electronic copy of the requested article will be emailed to you.
If you are a publisher, company, or organization interested in licensing translation rights for an NAEYC publication, please complete our Translation Inquiry Form.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com