Just like any other community, NAEYC communities include people from a wide variety of experiences, backgrounds, and mindsets. We take pride in the fact that our communities give this diversity of membership an interesting place to interact, share, learn, and grow. In keeping with this spirit of community, we have a core set of principles that must be followed by all users:
- Be polite and respectful to your fellow users.
- Do not use these boards to advertise or sell products or services or to solicit others for commercial purposes. Spamming will not be tolerated.
- Use caution when discussing particular products. All posts are subject to libel and slander laws.
- Do not post private information about yourself unless you want it to be available publicly.
- Respect the privacy of others, particularly the children and families you work with. Do not share other's personal information (such as a person's full name, phone number, address, or any other private information) unless you have their consent.
- Do not post photographs of children.
- Do not impersonate other people.
- Do not post material of others unless you have obtained their permission.
- Do not post material that is profane, abusive, offensive, pornographic, illegal, vulgar, libelous, slanderous, defamatory, hateful, threatening, or infringes a copyright or trademark.
- Do not use this site in any manner that violates federal or state antitrust laws or other laws prohibiting anticompetitive practices.
- Posted content should be consistent with NAEYC's Code of Ethical Conduct with particular attention paid to the first principle, which states, "Above all, we shall not harm children. We shall not participate in practices that are emotionally damaging, physically harmful, disrespectful, degrading, dangerous, exploitative, or intimidating to children."
- Remember that postings reflect the opinions and beliefs of the posters and do not necessarily represent the views of NAEYC.NAEYC is not responsible for any content posted on this site.
- Protect your password: you are responsible for all content posted from your account.
This Agreement governs your access and use of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Discussion Boards (the "Service"). In consideration of your right to access and use the Service, you and NAEYC agree as follows:
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS. By clicking the "I accept" button when you register to post, you signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement and any modifications posted in accordance with paragraph 15 below.
2. THE SERVICE. The Service is provided by NAEYC in furtherance of its nonprofit and tax-exempt purposes and may be used only for the purpose of discussing matters related to or arising out of the industry/profession represented by NAEYC. The Service is an online community site intended to allow authorized individuals to join and participate in personal discussion groups, document sharing, blogs, and other features. The Service is made available to you for your personal use only. The Service is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis. NAEYC disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Service. NAEYC also reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Service with or without notice at any time and without any liability to you.
3. REGISTRATION. To access and use the Service, you must supply NAEYC with current, accurate identification, contact and other information as may be required as part of the registration process or continued use of the Service.You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name, password and account information and are responsible for all activities that occur thereunder.
4. CONTENT ACCESSIBLE ON THE SERVICE. The Service may contain a variety of information, data, messages, directions, pictures, audio/visual works, and other materials that users post.You understand and agree that any Content posted on the Service is the exclusive responsibility of the person who posted or uploaded it, and that you will be solely responsible for any Content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit to or via the Service. You acknowledge that NAEYC is not responsible for, does not control, does not endorse and does not verify the Content posted to the Service or available through the Service, and that it makes no guarantee regarding the reliability, accuracy, legitimacy or quality of any such Content. You agree that you will bear any and all risk of reliance on the accuracy, validity or legitimacy of such Content. Under no circumstances will NAEYC be liable in any way to you for any Content, including but not limited to any errors or omissions in any Content or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted or otherwise transmitted to or via the Service.
You understand that NAEYC does not prescreen Content but agree that NAEYC has the right, but not the obligation, to access and monitor any community or other area of the site and the right to remove, modify, or restrict access to any Content in its sole discretion and without notice or compensation. Without limiting the foregoing, NAEYC has the right to access the Service and remove or restrict access to any Content that violates this Agreement or that NAEYC believes is otherwise objectionable.
NAEYC may preserve or disclose any Content if it reasonably believes disclosure is required by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with legal process, (b) enforce this Agreement, (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of NAEYC, its members, guests or the public.
5. LICENSE GRANTED TO NAEYC. NAEYC does not claim any ownership rights in any of the content you post to the Service simply by virtue of your posting such content. By posting any content on or through the Service, you hereby grant to NAEYC a nonexclusive, sublicensable, irrevocable, worldwide license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, transmit, print and distribute such content on and through the Service or for any other reason, without payment to the posting party.
6. IMPROPER USE. You are responsible for your own communications and for any consequence thereof.You shall not use the Service to:
a. violate or solicit the violation of any local, state, national or international laws or regulations;
b. infringe any third party rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, trade secrets), privacy rights and publicity rights; by posting material, the posting party warrants that it owns the copyright in such material, has received permission from the copyright owner or that the material is in the public domain;
c. upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit or distribute any Content that (1) is unlawful, threatening, harassing, fraudulent, contains viruses, abusive, tortious, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy or is otherwise objectionable as reasonably determined by NAEYC; (2) consists of instructional information on illegal activities; (3) violates or infringes upon the proprietary rights of others including without limitation, copyrighted music, photographs, text, videos or artwork; (4) constitutes pornography or sexual material of an obscene nature or that violates any law; (5) is the private information of another such as their address, phone number, social security number (6) constitutes or encourages the violation of antitrust laws or (7) you do not have a right to upload or post due to contractual or other legal obligations;
d. advertise or promote any commercial endeavor or purpose, including self-promotion;
e. harvest or collect e-mail addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
f. violate federal or state antitrust laws or other laws prohibiting anticompetitive practices. The antitrust laws generally prohibit any agreement or understanding inconsistent with the right and obligation of competitors to exercise independent business judgment in pricing their products or services, dealing with their customers and suppliers, and selecting the markets in which to compete. No express agreement or understanding is required; one can be inferred from statements or conduct. Do not post any information regarding specific prices or fees charged or paid, and do not post any information concerning prices, pricing practices, discounts, or other terms or conditions of sale either obtained by or offered to another entity. Do not post any information concerning market shares, salaries, costs, sales territories, profit margins, or encouraging the selection or rejection of customers or suppliers.
g. If you engage in any of the Improper Uses, NAEYC may at any time, and at its sole discretion, terminate your password or account (or any part of it), prohibit you from using the Service and remove and discard any Content you have posted to the Service.
7. USER DISPUTES. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Service and any disputes arising from such interactions.
8. LIMITATIONS, CONDITIONS AND RULES. NAEYC may establish, in its sole discretion, any limitations, conditions or rules concerning use of the Service, including, for example, the maximum number of messages a user may post to the Service in a given day, the number of days that posted messages will be available, or the maximum size of a given post.You acknowledge that NAEYC has the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
9. MODIFICATION AND TERMINATION OF SERVICE. NAEYC reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the Service (or any part of it) with or without notice. You agree that NAEYC will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the Service. You agree that NAEYC, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account or ability to use the Service and remove and discard any Content within the Service for any reason or no reason. Termination of your access to the Service may be immediate and without prior notice. NAEYC shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your use or ability to access the Service.
10. OTHER WEB SITES AND RESOURCES. Other users of the Service may provide links or access to other web sites and resources. Because NAEYC has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that NAEYC is not responsible for the availability of such sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that NAEYC shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available through any such site or resource.
11. NO RESALE, REDISTRIBUTION, OR REPURPOSING OF CONTENT. You shall not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, redistribute, repurpose or exploit for any commercial purposes, any of the Content available through the Service, other than Content to which you hold the intellectual property rights.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
a. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN AS IS AND AS AVAILABLE BASIS. NAEYC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE.
b. NAEYC MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE INFORMATION THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE.
c. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS OBTAINED AND USED AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND DISCRETION AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS THEREFROM.
d. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY BY NAEYC.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. NAEYC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF NAEYC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
14. INDEMNITY. You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless NAEYC, and its officers, agents, employees, and directors from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from or in any way related to your use of the Service, any content you post or share on or through the Service, your conduct in connection with the Service or with other users of the Service, and any violation of this Agreement or any law or right of any third party including without limitation intellectual property or defamation claims.
17. HEADINGS. The captions and headings contained in this Agreement are for reference and convenience only and may not be used to interpret the provisions or intent of this Agreement.
18. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions herein shall remain in full force and effect.
19. SURVIVAL. The provisions of this Agreement that by their nature are intended to survive expiration or termination of this Agreement shall survive including but not limited to the indemnification, limitation of liability and disclaimer of warranties provisions.
20. GOVERNING LAW; VENUE AND JURISDICTION. This Agreement shall be governed by District of Columbia law without regard to its conflicts of law principles.Any disputes arising hereunder shall be brought in the District of Columbia.You specifically consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction over you in the District of Columbia for the purpose of any action arising under this Agreement or your use of the Service.