Funding for Early Learning: Call Your Senators Today!
NAEYC Children's Champions Alert
This week is our last chance to make sure the Senate does the right thing and stand up for funding for early learning programs in an omnibus appropriations bill.
Take action today by making two quick phone calls. Calling is easy to do.
1. Call 1-202-224-3121
2. Tell the operator who answers the phone the name of your Senator. (Not sure? Look it up at www.naeyc.org/policy/action)
3. Once you are connected, tell the staff person who answers:
- Your name, that you are a constituent from (city, state), and your role.
- Support an omnibus appropriations bill with significant funding for child care, Head Start, and the Early Learning Challenge Fund.
- We are counting on you here in (state). Thank you.
So why contact the Senate now?
The Senate is at a crossroads. Right now Senators are figuring out which strategy to use to pass the appropriations bill – which is responsible for funding our government, including early learning programs.
The Senate can either continue funding the government at current levels by adopting the House-passed CR (continuing resolution) or they can pass a new funding bill – called an omnibus appropriations bill. While the House-passed CR does include modest increases for child care and Head Start, the omnibus appropriations bill is our best shot at securing significantly more funding for early learning programs.
We need your help right now in encouraging Senators to push for passing an omnibus bill and to support significant funding for early learning. Please call your Senators TODAY at 1-202-224-3121.
Thank you, once again, for taking a stand.
Join Our Children's Champions E-Mail List to receive regular updates and action alerts on important child and family issues being considered by Congress and the Administration.
<< Go back to NAEYC Updates