To register to vote in the State of New Mexico an individual must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age by the time of the election
- Be a resident of New Mexico
- Not legally declared mentally incapacitated
Must select party affiliation at least 28 days before the election or change party affiliation prior to the last Monday in January.
- County Clerk’s office
- Office of the Secretary of State
- Various state agencies (especially those that offer public assistance or other services)
- Office of Motor Vehicles (when applying for a new or renewed driver’s license)
- Many public libraries
- Colleges and universities
- Organized voter registration drives
After your application for voter registration is processed by your county clerk, you will receive a voter's identification card that will tell you where to vote. It will also tell you the state and local districts for your location.