To register to vote in the State of Oklahoma an individual must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age by the time of the election
- Be a resident of Oklahoma
- Have not been convicted of a felony unless a period of time equal to the original judgment and sentence has expired, or have been pardoned
- Not under judgment as an incapacitated person or a partially incapacitated person prohibited from registering to vote
You may submit your voter registration application form at any time, however forms must be received at least 24 days before an election in order to receive a voter identification card prior to the election.
If you will become 18 during the 60 days before an election, you may apply for voter registration between 25 and 60 days before the election.
Voter registration applications are available at:
- Your County Election Board
- Post offices
- Tag agencies
- Libraries and many other public locations
- You will be offered a voter registration application when you get your driver's license and when you apply for assistance at some government agencies.
You can also download a voter registration application form online.
Applications for absentee ballots must be made in writing. Absentee ballot application forms are available from all county election boards and from the State Election Board. They can also be found online.
Applications must be received by the County Election Board in the county where you are registered no later than Wednesday before an election.
Absentee ballots must be returned by mail or by a private mail service that provides delivery documentation. They must be received by the County Election Board no later than 7 p.m. on the day of the election.
You can also vote early at your County Election Board office from 8:00 am-6:00 pm on the Monday and Friday before all elections, and from 8:00 am-1:00 pm on the Saturday before federal and state elections.
For more election and voter information you can contact the Oklahoma State Election Board.