Senior Director, NAEYC Academy for Early Childhood Program Accreditation
NAEYC seeks an effective leader with proven success managing large complex systems and expertise in organizational administration and management to lead the NAEYC Academy for Early Childhood Program Accreditation. Recognized as the gold standard for excellence in early childhood education, the NAEYC Academy works to improve the quality of child care, preschool and kindergarten programs by establishing high-level, research-based standards and accrediting programs that meet these standards. The Senior Director, working collaboratively within the overall NAEYC staff structure, manages a team of approximately 30 people. Through strong leadership and effective management, the Senior Director:
- Maintains the NAEYC program standards as the gold standard of excellence in early childhood education, reflecting current evidence from research and practice.
- Ensures that NAEYC Accreditation supports continuous quality improvement, is rigorous but not unduly burdensome to programs, and provides a valid and reliable assessment of program quality.
- Staffs the work of the Council for NAEYC Accreditation which is delegated authority by the NAEYC Governing Board to ensure the equity, integrity, and accountability of NAEYC Accreditation of programs for young children.
- Works with senior leadership and Council to make NAEYC Accreditation a critical component of total quality improvement processes for early childhood systems at the national, state and local level.
- Reaches out to states and other systems to form partnerships that utilize NAEYC Accreditation as a cost-effective approach to improving early childhood systems.
- Demonstrates a strong grasp of the financing of early learning and the financing of early childhood systems in order to achieve continuous quality improvement and ensure the NAEYC Academy’s fiscal viability.
- Ensures mission-focused, cost-effective day-to-day operations of the NAEYC Academy, through supervising and mentoring staff, fiscal management (e.g. develop and monitor budgets, contract management), planning and execution.
Requirements: Demonstrated leadership and management skills administering early childhood systems and quality improvement initiatives. Demonstrated track record of staff supervision that motivates excellent performance and supports ongoing staff development. Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Strong conceptual and analytic skills and talent for innovation. Advanced degree in nonprofit management, business administration and/or early childhood education/child development preferred. Some travel required.
Salary commensurate with knowledge and experience; excellent benefits. Position is based at the NAEYC headquarters located in Washington, DC.
Deadline: Please apply by Friday, August 15, 2014.
System Integrity Assistant
NAEYC is seeking a System Integrity Assistant to support the work of the NAEYC Accreditation of Programs for Young Children. The System Integrity Assistant is a customer service professional in the NAEYC Academy who supports the work of the accreditation system. Duties include providing technical assistance on the accreditation process, policies and procedures to accreditation consumers, including program staff and the public. The Assistant is also responsible for working with NAEYC consumers throughout all aspects of the accreditation process and providing administrative assistance to the Accreditation team.
Candidates must have at least an Associate’s degree; knowledge of NAEYC’s early childhood program accreditation system; 2-3 years clerical/administrative experience, and experience handling a high volume of calls. Experience in the field of early childhood education and a sound understanding of its practices is a plus. Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, customer service skills, MS Office and database skills are required. Must be able to meet deadlines, work independently and work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Salary mid $30’s with good benefits.
Customer Care Associate (Call Center)
NAEYC is seeking a Call Center Associate for its busy membership and sales department to provide customer service to members, customer, subscribers and others who contact us for information. Duties include data entry, filing, customer contact/follow-up and troubleshooting various membership/sales issues via phone, e-mail, fax and mail.
1-2 years of reception, call center, administrative and customer service experience required. Candidates must be proficient in MSOffice/Windows and have excellent customer service skills. Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task is essential. Applicants who are bilingual in Spanish are preferred.
Salary $35-37K, with good benefits. Send cover letter and resume to HR/CCA, NAEYC, 1313 L St. NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005 or e-mail email@example.com or fax (202) 328-1846.
Marketing and Communications
NAEYC is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager in our Marketing & Communications Department to provide strategy for and assist with developing and evaluating marketing campaigns for NAEYC programs, products, events and services. The Manager will be responsible for maintaining a portfolio of 4-5 program areas and he or she will work collaboratively with other departments to plan and implement strategic marketing and communications campaigns to engage target audiences, foster greater visibility for programs and NAEYC overall, and increase revenue opportunities. The Manager will ensure that projects and campaigns are implemented in a timely manner, within budget and that they meet established goals.
The successful candidate must be able to identify and compile outreach lists using database tools and mass marketing email platforms. The Manager will also conduct market research as needed to help inform the development of activities, programs and products. This position will work closely with the Marketing & Membership Director to oversee and implement social media strategies and activities. In addition, the Manager will help direct the work of the Marketing Coordinator and any interns.
BA or equivalent experience is required, 3-5 years of marketing experience and prior association experience is preferred. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and demonstrated project management skills. Some travel may be required. Salary $55-65K, with excellent benefits and work environment.
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume, work samples and three professional references by July 25th.