Call for book editors for the new edition of DAP. Apply by September 30!
You are here
Dear early childhood education community,
NAEYC released a first draft of the revised DAP position statement in early June 2019. We are now in the process of developing a revised edition of the book, Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs to reflect and support the key concepts of the revised position statement. We invite those interested and qualified to shape the revised edition of this important NAEYC book, to apply to be an editor of this volume.
Applications are due by September 30, 2019.
The volume editor(s) will:
- Work closely with key NAEYC staff to shape and develop this book
- Revise and refine a draft table of contents developed by NAEYC
- Incorporate feedback from NAEYC staff and an advisory group on the proposed table of contents
- Reach out to potential contributors
- Write sections of the book
- Send contributions and initial drafts to an advisory group for their feedback
- Incorporate feedback into the book
- Review and edit all content to be included in the book for organization, accuracy, content, and clarity
- Complete the first draft of the book by spring 2020
- Work with the assigned editor from the NAEYC books team to review edits for content accuracy
Demonstrated understanding of NAEYC’s core position statements including:
- Advancing Equity in Early Childhood Education (draft)
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices, 2019 (draft)
- Professional Standards and Competencies for Early Childhood Educators (draft)
- The Code of Ethical Conduct
- NAEYC Early Learning Program Standards
Demonstrated understanding of:
- Child development and learning within different social and cultural contexts
- Issues surrounding equity in early childhood education
- Effective and research-based teaching strategies for children birth through age 8 across all early learning program settings
- A track record of creating quality research-based content accessible to early childhood educators (preservice and inservice teachers/caregivers, administrators, and faculty and professional development specialists/coaches)
- Excellent editor and writer
Compensation for Editors:
- Editor(s) will receive a payment for their work on this book.
Editors can apply in combination with others or alone. To be considered as editor for this volume:
(1) Submit a two page cover letter describing why you are interested in and qualified to be the editor(s) of this volume.
(2) Submit a resume or curriculum vitae for each editor
(3) Submit writing and editing samples.
Application deadline is September 30.