Registration is now open!
2019 Public Policy Forum
Whether you have tons of advocacy experience, or none at all, the 2019 Public Policy Forum is THE place for you to sharpen your advocacy skills and help us move a nonpartisan agenda in support of young children and the early childhood education profession
As a Public Policy Forum participant, NAEYC members have the opportunity to:
- Be part of a powerful team working to advance federal and state early childhood policy
- Hear from and network with national and state policy leaders and fellow advocates
- Get the resources and experiences they need to be an informed and effective advocate
- Meet with members of Congress and build relationships with their staff and teams
Members are placed in state teams coordinated by a State Team Leader. In order to register, you must contact your State Team Leader to receive registration information and secure your spot on your state team.
While the registration deadline is January 25, 2019, we encourage you to reach out and reserve your spot early!
- $100 per person for the three-day event (Sunday - Tuesday)
We are once again at our wonderful event space at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, Virginia! We encourage you take advantage of the special event rate and book your stay at the Marriott using this unique online link. The room rates are:
- Single/Double occupancy rooms at $219/night
- Triple occupancy rooms at $239/night
While the group rate is only available until January 25, 2019, we encourage you to make your hotel reservations as soon as possible.
2019 Event Agenda:
The 2019 Public Policy Forum is an important way for us to come together to be heard on issues critical to early childhood education and educators; to sharpen our advocacy skills, to build our networks, and to strengthen our relationships with representatives on Capitol Hill.
- The event will begin on Sunday, February 24 at 1:00 pm and continue all day on Monday, February 25 with expert policy briefings, guest speakers, and skill-building interactive breakout sessions for all state team members, providing many opportunities for networking and learning.
- On Tuesday, February 26, you will have the opportunity to experience an exciting and energizing Hill Day, building important relationships with your Representatives, Senators, and/or their staff.
For reference, take a look at the detailed 2018 Public Policy Forum Agenda and see how we made sure our elected officials knew who we were, and what our children, families, and educators need to thrive!
If you're on the fence, here's what this year's participants would like to tell you:
- "Go! It is an incredible experience that you will regret if you miss it."
- "Everyone, from first-time advocates to lobbyists, walks away from this forum with more confidence and expertise."
- "Your voice must be heard and the Forum will give you the tools to do so."
- "You will be amazed at what you will learn in this short period of time. We need you."
- "This experience is transformative! You owe it to yourself to attend."
Check out highlights from past Public Policy Forums:
Interested in participating, but not a NAEYC Member? Join today!
The Public Policy Forum is a members-only function open to current NAEYC members. Take the first step and join the only association that gives you access to information from leading early childhood experts and ensures you will have the tools needed to excel in your job, grow in your career, and stay connected to a professional network of educators across the country.