Rights-Managed Media Payment Schedule
You are here
NAEYC pays photographers for their authentic, high-quality photos and videos when we use them in our books, publications, periodicals, membership and marketing materials, ads, emails, website, blogs, and more!
(Ex: Young Children, Teaching Young Children, Voices of Practitioners)
|Cover||$125 ($62.50 for subsequent translations)|
|Interior use||$60 ($30 for subsequent translations)|
|Posters||$400 ($200 for subsequent translations)|
Please keep in mind
- You must be the creator and/or copyright owner and have the legal right to grant NAEYC permission to use the media submitted.
- These rates apply to photographs or video submitted independant of content, and used or published by NAEYC as part of our Rights-Managed Media library.
- Payments are made to the photographer or videographer. NAEYC does not compensate the person or people in the photos or videos.
- Payment for a photograph or video is conditioned upon its use by NAEYC. The amount of copies or viewers in distribution does not affect payment.
- NAEYC does not provide payment for unused photographs or video.
- NAEYC does not provide payment to authors that submit photos or video as part of their content submission.
- Photographers and videographers are paid based on the original use of the photo. No additional payment is given for republication of the original NAEYC-published work in any formats now known or yet to be developed (including electronic and digital).
Click here to view License details
License to Use Media
As creator and/or copyright owner of the submitted media, and in such capacity I seek to grant certain Rights defined below to the National Association for the Education of Young Children (“NAEYC”). I have the legal right to grant the Rights and have obtained any and all necessary permissions to distribute the Licensed Media to NAEYC.
I hereby grant to the NAEYC a non-exclusive, assignable, sublicensable, right and license to publish, reproduce, distribute, publicly display, transmit, and use the Licensed Media, in any form, in whole or in part, in conjunction, combination or compilation with other materials, in any and all media, now existing or yet to be invented, in all languages and without geographic limitations during the term of copyright, and any extensions and/or renewals, regardless of the frequency of publication by NAEYC (the “Rights”).
I understand that:
(i) this license allows NAEYC to sublicense the Rights to third-parties, including digital database services and products or an entity under contract to publish and/or distribute any NAEYC resource; and
(ii) NAEYC is authorized to convert the Licensed Media to any physical or digital format, that this conversion might alter the format or graphic presentation of the Licensed Media, and such alteration is allowed at NAEYC’s sole discretion; and
(iii) any republication or use of the Licensed Media is at NAEYC’s sole discretion. NAEYC is not obligated to republish or use the Licensed Media in any way; and
(iv) NAEYC shall own all translations, derivative works, compilations, collective works and other adaptations that contain the Licensed Media, but shall not claim or attempt to register copyright or other ownership of the Licensed Media; and
(v) I will only be compensated if NAEYC chooses, in its sole discretion, to exercise its Rights and use the Licensed Media. The rate of any such compensation will be made in accordance with NAEYC’s posted Rate Schedule located at www.naeyc.org. The Rate Schedule is subject to change at any time without warning at NAEYC’s sole discretion.
I have ensured that all recognizable people depicted in the Licensed Media, or their parent or legal guardian, have signed media releases in the form provided by NAEYC. I will provide NAEYC with a copy of all signed releases along with my Licensed Media submission.
Ready to submit your photos and videos?
1. Gather photos and video that you'd like to submit to NAEYC into one folder. Name the folder with your name and date. Example "JaneDoe101517".
2. Add copies of signed model releases for everyone in your photos and a copy of the signed Media Release Form to your folder.
3. Compress your folder, creating a zip file.
4. Upload the zip file to our site.